Think popping a multivitamin once per day is good enough to cover all of the bases your diet is missing? Think again. Your body doesn't absorb nearly as many minerals and vitamins from that pill as you might believe. Instead, give your body a powerful boost by adding some natural superfoods to your diet.
1. Kale: If Popeye knew about kale, he'd never have bothered with spinach. This robust, dark leafy green is chock-full of nutrients like iron, vitamins A, C and K, fiber, antioxidants and is a great detoxifier (particularly for your liver).
2. Chia Seeds: Prized by the Mayans and Aztecs, this superfood is once again becoming a star in the modern-day diet. Add these to your diet to get a boost of fiber, omega fatty acids, calcium — and it's also a complete protein that's easy to add to salads and smoothies.
3. Spinach: Your mother always told you to eat this vibrant, leafy green if you want to grow up big and strong. What she didn't mention is that it's also great for preventing prostate cancer, is an excellent source of vitamins A, C and K, is loaded with antioxidants and is a good source of protein.
4. Swiss Chard: Swiss chard grades highly among the ranks of nutrient-packed leafy greens, but the best part might be the taste. Kale can be tough, collards are heavy and some people hate spinach, Swiss chard tastes similar to the very neutral romaine lettuce. Best of all, it has all of the same nutrients as its brethren.
5. Collard Greens: Collard greens don't get the type of love that kale does, but they still bring the same nutrients to the table, like vitamins C and K. Collards also give you vitamin E, folate and manganese, and similarly, are known as a cancer-fighter.
Read more here
Read more here